Saturday, July 9, 2011

Climb & class project week 1

I am multi-tasking... I am participating in another class at My Creative Classroom, This one is Exploring Mixed Media by Shirley Pando.  Week one is creating with fabric - totally out of my comfort zone, and I had NO idea what I was going to make - Then I received my July email from Ali Edwards and my One Little Word project.  A-HA! - It is not the prompt of the month, but I knew I wanted to use my word "Climb" and I wanted to use that great tree svg (I mentioned in previous posts) from Charity Adams and her Woodland Bunny svg collection.

So, putting all of that together - I translated the word climb into about 15 different languages, and printed it on cardstock. (although you cant really see that after I cut the Tree out of that paper, but I know it is there).  I dyed a white on white piece of fabric with alcohol inks, sewed on the black burlap, added the tree I cut and then covered in glossy accents, after I mildly inked some edges.  I added the butterfly (home-made beaded antennae), climb letter stickers in a Tim Holtz bracket, some matching alcohol ink dyed lace ribbon, OH! and the flowers I made from ribbon and medium sticky dots (pretty easy - twist and stick).

I love this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment