Silhouette Studio® Version 3: More Powerful Than Ever One of the most popular features of the Silhouette cutting system is the versatile Silhouette Studio® software. Silhouette Studio® gives you all the tools you need to create designs and to use all the fonts you already have on your computer.
Today, we are pleased to announce the release of our most capable software to date—Silhouette Studio® Version 3.
Version 3 takes all the functionality of Version 2 and adds many powerful new features. Aside from its sleek, new design interface, the free Basic version of Silhouette Studio® boasts the following upgrades:
• Cut by Line Color allows you to break up your cut or sketch job into different stages simply by applying a different line color to your cut lines. It's great for layered projects or for sketch designs that contain multiple colors. (more info)
• Additional Drawing Tools (polygon, arc, freehand) to make designing even easier (more info)
• New Memory Management to allow larger image import and document creation
• Auto-Save Feature to more easily backup projects being worked on (more info)
• Select Objects by Color (by line or fill type) (more info)
• Direct Scanner Access (TWAIN support) (more info)
• Line Segment Overcut Feature (Tangential cutting mode) to provide cleaner cut for thicker materials and smaller scale images (more info).
• Library Backup Feature
• Proxy Settings for proxy connection support (more info).
• Advanced Cut Settings (Auto weld overlapping images, Convert strokes to outlines, Cut line sorting to adjust order of images being cut, Layer sorting, and Additional material advancement after cut job completion) (more info)