I am not sure I am on prompt, but while traveling a few weeks ago I came across this song by Luke Bryan, Do I. It may not be the perfect love song but the lyrics caught my attention.
I love this beach photo of Dan and I (and there aren't too many photos of me I love....). I think it's the colors. so for the transfer:
- I reversed the image.
- Printed on everyday photo paper.
- Using Luquitex Matt Medium, i brushed some on my project paper over the type. (some bled, so I only brushed once over the ink). I did not go real heavy wit the medium.
- I brushed some Matte medium on the photo, again, not thick. (I didn't cover it all, I wanted that splotchy effect).
- I did rub it down with a popsicle stick, for maybe 30 seconds.
- 30 more seconds, I carefully peeled up the photo paper (while still wet).
- Once dried I rubbed off with my fingers the paper that remained. I tried doing it before it dried and pulled up the photo. I like the messy look so I am not stressing about it but noted for next time to be more patient.
I finished off the page using gelatos tropical colors margarita & snow cone. Heavily watered them down to continue with watered beach effect.
I attached page to kraft cardstock so I can bind it later (and flatten the wrinkles a bit).
I am really bummed we are not going to beach this year, I may be posting these tropical colors a lot to get my fix.