Friday, September 26, 2014

Hybrid Home Decor!!

OMG! I am so excited Just Jaimee's October Storyteller kit was released today over at The-Lilypad.com.  This is her best kit ever! (but I say that every month).  i plan to use quite a few tings this month to share with you how versatil her kits are for all your scrappy needs.  Lets kick it off with a hybrid project - some home decor.  OK - easy peasy right?  and  yes it was.  But what I LOVED! is the way how vibrant the colors printed! - they look fabulous!!  Just a warning, this first project is a girl project, but it's not a "girly" kit.

I was so inspired by this cute journal card in this month’s kit, and with so many online services out there, it’s easier than ever to create your own home decor wall art canvases. I wanted to two 8x8 canvases to hang up in  my daughter’s room.


Depending on how messy you like to get you can do this in one of two ways... The first way (and by far the simplest: create your design and upload or take your file to a local printer and have them print & mount it for you.

Me personally, I like to take it a step farther and mount them myself. After the design is created in an 8x8 format, in the Image menu, I expanded my canvas to 10x10.  then I made my background paper larger to fit the 10x10 space; leaving my 8x8 design in tact. (yep, this gives me the pattern for the sides of my canvas). I sent my prints to Costco to print on an 11x14 lustre paper.  Then  picked up two 8x8 canvases and some elmer’s spray adhesive.

BUT....here is where things went bad.... Costco took it upon themselves to stretch my picture to fill the 11x14 page.  Exactly NOT what I wanted. But I can say I love the color popped! - so I made it work.  I cut some foam board 11x11, trimmed my photos to 11x11 and I am all done.  can I say how much I love these?


The quote is from Audrey Hepburn (I cut out the kissing part)... My background paper is an old Just Jaimee style applied to the white paper in the kit. And the font is called KG Somebody That I Used to Know - from fontshop.com

these will look great on Sammy's pink wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment