Saturday, July 4, 2015

Cheer Book 1 of 3 Posts

I haven't been blogging because I have been busy catching up -
catching up o Sammy's cheer book & PL.  Too much traveling and working - not enough creating.  So when I had some spare time - this is what came of it....  It has actually been a work over time.  It is her entire cheer season, so I have extended this into a 3 posts.

The inspiration actually came from Wilna Furstenburg's December Daily, and the dividers she used.

I had an old Bo-Bunny mini-binder.  6-1/2 x 9-1/2 maybe?  and I purchased different pocket pages for it.  I mixed and matched pages throughout the book, separating each competition with a decorated divider tab.  Pages included photos, pocket cards, ephemera & some QR codes of the girls cheer routines.

 I spent a day bulk-cutting cuts on my silhouette.  I am going to try to list the cuts with the pages (bear with me).  Because Sam's team was red, most of the items were built using Theresa Collins "Hello My Name is" collection.  I found it at Michaels, and by the end of the season I found more in the clearance section.  Score!

I decorated the book with vinyl, stickets and washi tape. The stickers I have had forever, and I dont know where they came from. They are a collegiate font silver and black letters in the pack.

The first page is photo from their individual pics, and some TC Hello my name is butterflies. This is not in a protector - but actually a 6.5" x 9" page I added and glued on the tab and added the year to it.  On the back is a note to Sammy from me about the year. The gold letters are from a Gossamer blue kit - but I believe they are Amy Tangerine.



The next page may look familiar, it is the page I created for homework in Wilna's Color Theory Studio Calico Class.  You can see that post here


Now is where the fun started.  Each comp I tried to use a different series of pocket pages. 
The first one I did a full page L/O, using the papers from the kit & some washi tape and stitching.

 

The second page had 3 pockets - (2) 3-1/4 x 5-1/4 and (1) 4-1/4 x 6-1/4.  (I wasn't a fan of the extra 1/4 - made things hard to use traditional supplies w/o backing them on card stock.)  More stitching and washi and just layering pieces of scraps from the kit.  Most cards were made in a weekend well before the season started.

Below is a close up of the dividers.  Each were at least 9-1/2" by 3-1/2" and decorated with Silhouette cuts, snips from the kit, washi, string, paint splatters, gems or enamel dots.  whatever I felt like.  Everyone has a mini poloroid from the kit, where I wrote on the name of comp, and how we did.

 

Some more cards, photos of the girls, stitching and washi.  Our these of the routine was super hero's and we started off the routine with the superman theme song.  The cut came from the Silhouette Store (here)

 

I was real good at keeping up with the book for the first 2 comps.  Then my frustration came from my pictures not being perfect.  Low lighting, high action, I didnt always get the "perfect" shot.  Once I got over the fact tat the girls will not care - they just want to see themselves, I was able to bust out the rest of the pages pretty quickly.  And in the end I was right.  as the girls went through the book, no one complained about the photo quality - huh.

i am going to close today's post with 2 more divider shots. You can see how each was totally different from a previous one, but always tied together by color, theme and the poloroid date info.

"Fierce" also came from the Silhouette store (here).
The Gems is just created from an outline font in Silhouette & The deatils cut is from Kerri Bradford Studios.  This is Awesome is a cut file from Simple Stories in the Silhouette Design Store (here).
 




 Fabulous is a Wilna Furstenburg cut fro I heart studio - a freebie from her Art+Design class. & the heart is a cut file from The Cut Shoppe - Notebook Doodles collection - found here.
(the photo is a screen shot from my daughters Instagram account.  Social Media is a great way to capture unique shots, with the person twist right from my kids).

**I am not affiliated in any way with any of the designers, I found cuts that I liked that represented cheering and the kits that matched the colors I needed.

This was such a fun book to put together.  Tomorrow I will share more pages, cuts and combinations.





No comments:

Post a Comment