Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 4 Weekend Recipes

It was a Pioneer Woman Recipe marathon weekend at our house.  The kids all were home, so I the house was cookin'.  literally.

Recipes we tried - are listed below with links (photos are from the Pioneer Womans'website) -

Saturday:
Baked Ziti: (link here).

This is a staple recipe in our house, so this wasn't new this weekend, but always a delicious stand-by when I make a pot of sauce. It's all the goodness of lasagna w/o all the fuss.  Served with a salad and garlic bread, there is plenty for my family of 6 w/ leftovers for lunch.




Sunday:
Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork: (link here)

I loved this recipe - Sammy thought it was too hot, so I toned it down with some honey.  But everyone else had seconds - it was THAT good.  PS I used Diet Dr Pepper, it was all I had, and I dont know what the difference would have been, but it was super yummy my way.

We just had sammichs with choice of Muenster or pepper-jack cheese.




These were served with tossed salad, and the next yummy recipe:

Spicy Pasta Salad w/ Smoked Gouda, Tomatoes, Basil. (link here)

Ok I have a spicy theme going, but the chipoltle's purchased for the pork made a second appearance in this salad - just enough flavor, mixed with the vinegar, basil, and smokeyness of the cheese - super yum!  (note: too much cheese/smoke for the older kids, but me, Dan & Sam loved it)


I made this the night before - I dont recommend it - I needed to make more "sauce" to wet pasta down the next day.  A few hours early would have been a better idea.


The finale was Nutella Krispie Treats... I still cant stop eating these! (link here)

I cant say much but everything great is in these... pure genius.




having family over, seeing the kids makes me so happy - what a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment