Monday, July 6, 2015

Cheer Book Post 3 of 3

Today is the last few pages of the book.  This has been a 3-day journey, so if you are joining me today, make sure you scroll down further to see how this started and learn some tips on the way.

(the full album will be posted on flickr, as soon as I figure out how to do that and create link :))


Lets start today's post with a tab insert.  again I used kit papers and scraps, thin washi and paper cuts, and the "awesome" cut file is just a script text welded together is Design Studio.  The gem cut was created by Loni Harris and is sold in the Silhouette Design Store (here).  Sammy's gym focuses around gems, so I should get lots of use from this file.




This divider uses Bebas font for the FCA.  and the "love" is from a set of cut files by Tanya Batrak sold  in the Design Store here.  This gem was apart of a pack of die cuts I found in Michaels.  I love how gems are popular right now!!!


This leads me into our Atlanta Trip.  This time we did some sight seeing to Olympic Park, World of Coca-cola, & the Georgia Aquarium.  Adding  full layouts in different colors was a nce break to the overall schematic of the book, but like the multiple sizes and changes in pocket styles, I like how it turned out and yet still all fit together.

In addition to the tickets I included the Marta subway card, the luggage claim ticket and the "caution when lifting" tag from our luggage as well. (i thought it had a cute double-meaning).  You can see the QR code again for the team's routine. and the "love this ife" is another cut file from the Silhouette store.  It is made by Lori Whitlock and sold here 


 



The ampersand is a Just Jaimee cut file, and just another shot of extending one pic into multiple squares can really break up the busy-ness of s many pockets.



This is actually a front and back lay-out - The front photo of the city from olymoic Park & sammy at the sign, the items come from a sticker sheet from Simple Stories (I used other letters from the sheet through-out the book).  and the Georgia Aquarium, are all products from my stash - older than Sammy probably.

Below the "Incredible" is from Wilna Furstenburg's Art + Design class, remaining elements are from that pack of die cuts from Michael's combined with Theresa Collins "Hello my name is" kit.

The Awesome tag is made from a Just Jaimee storyteller cut file backed with some polka-dotted paper. I was saving that for a Disney post, but unfortunately we did not make it to the Summit this year.

 


This is one of my favorite pages - again, girls love their photo shoots.  It was actually outside after a comp, the filmstrip is a cut file that I just sized photos underneath.  It's a Simple Stories filmstrip cut, that I added one more photo to by cropping & welding in design studio.  The file is sold here: 

The rest of the kit papers and cards are from a Gossamer Blue kit and I apologize I do not know what papers.




Just using up some of the same cuts I made in multiple colors on the back of the previous layout.  I didnt want to jump colors and different comps - so I just decorated a typed paper with some Tm Holtz distress inks and cut letters.  The Awesome is also from Wilna Furstenburg's Art + Design class.  Besides these great freebie files, I learned so much in her classes - kinda a side note, but she is an amazing teacher.
 This last tag used a die cut from Michael's - why not turn that point into a number one? (i am so genius!)  the heart arrow cut is from Lori Whitlock, Camera and arrow set (here)
And the last divider was just created with alphas and a stroke or outline.  The only photo I left in there is the cute one from twitter the girls took for breast cancer at practice.


I left plenty of empty pockets for my daughter to print selfies with friends, etc... She is not shy to the printer or the journal cards.  My job was to capture the year, and this way she can add her own memories as well.



I love this book.  The girls love this book, but mostly Sammy looks through it over and over again.




I am making books again this year (I say books b/c Sammy is on two teams this season)

Things I have learned and will do this year:

1. Create or find a kit I will use for the entire year.
2. Do another Bulk cutting day, so I have all cut files ready as I need them.
3. Change books, I chose the Simple Stories Sn@p! albums for this year.  The sizes are more uniform to typical pocket card sizes, and I have an Orange book for new gem, and Black for Onyx.


I hope I shared a few good ideas for you, so many of us live through a season of sports traveling, etc... Pocket pages are great for capturing all of the memories.



**I am not affiliated in any way with any of the designers, I found cuts that I liked that represented cheering and the kits that matched the colors I needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment