Thursday, September 19, 2013

Suzy Q Scraps - Pumpkin Patch LO

I have the honor of being chosen to represent Suzy Q Scraps on her design team! - i am super excited! I love her kits - they are fun and very versatile, and the more I have been digi scrapping, the more of her kits I was purchasing and using!  I waited for a design team call and applied.  Bit my nails down to stubs for a few weeks waiting for the announcement - and wallah!

Suzy's latest kit is called Pumpkin Patch (found here) & I paired that up with her Simple Story Grids #10 (templates found here) to create the double page LO of our trip to Soergels.  Aren't those pumpkins adorable?  One thing I like to do with any kit is update things to match my pages.  Little things make a big difference.  For instance - if you look closely at the raffia tie around Sammy's photo (1st LO bottom left).  The kit comes with a yellow flower attached to the raffia.  I wanted to use the plaid pattern.  I simply duplicated the layer in PSE, used my magic wand tool to select only the flower, then inversed the selection and deleted all the other stuff, just leaving the flower.  I grabbed the plaid paper, reduced the size and clipped it to the single yellow flower, and added a brad - easy breezy!

I am on her team for a year - and I hope I can do her justice!



No comments:

Post a Comment