Saturday, September 7, 2013

what have you been up to lately?

I have been busy lately with life - older 2 kids going off to college, sammy's foot surgery & dealing with her life in a boot... We are still trucking along - trying to stay busy and fit in crafting time.  The latest is Sammy's new room - not bad for a labor day project (I needed that extra day to recouperate!).

The paint colors were picked out by Sammy:

  • Pink
  • Blue
  • Purple


Then I topped off the pink with Disney Sequin paint (wal mart $29/gallon - and for the upper half of her room - 4 walls I used 1/2 gallon of it.  It is a clear overlay ... use after color paint is dry, I only applied 1 coat - and it is super cool - perfect for girly-girls of any age!)


Her dresser drawers have chalkboard paint o them (I am still looking for the handles I want to use for the pulls)


Her mirror I also painted chalboard paint around.



The saying above I cut from the silhouette - and I will try to attach the cut file as soon as I figure out how to do that :)  - and I don't have a pic of the tinkerbell sitting on her light switch - also silhouette cut-out - I pulled the image from this pinterest post into silhouette and traced and cut it at 3" high - it looks super cute!

Post link: http://pinterest.com/pin/76701999876662993/


The room inspired me to create a   cute cut out file, for her scrapbook page about t - again - once I get this blogging thing down - i will be more than happy to share the files!


No comments:

Post a Comment